I have always wanted to do a brie bake and since Tyler received one as a gift from Secret Santa I took the opportunity to try it out this weekend~!
What you will need:
~ Brie Baker (mine is a Manchester by Trudeau)
~ 1 cup of halved pecans
~ 1 (8 oz) Wheel of Brie Cheese
~ 1/4 cup of Apricot Jam
~1/4 cup of Red Chili pepper Spread (can be found here or at Costco)
~ 1/2 cup Jalapeno Jack cheese ( use more if you like)
1. Pe heat oven to 475 degrees
2. Coarsely chop pecans and set aside
3. Mix together Apricot Jam and Red Chili Pepper Spread (1/4 cup each)
4. Grate 1/4 cup of jalapeno Cheese and add to jelly mixture
5. Cut Brie wheel in half horizontally ***NOTE: Brie is very sticky so once you start cutting, make a full commitment and get all the way through, otherwise you will have a HUGE mess on your hands***
6. On one half of the brie (cut side up) place half of the jelly mix on top and garnish with pecans
7. Place other half of brie on top
8. With wooden utensils (included with brie baker) poke 3-5 holes on top of brie
9. Place brie wheel in baker and top with remaining jelly mixture and garnish with pecans.
10. Bake for 12 minutes
Alternatively, if you don’t have a Brie Baker you can wrap your brie in tin foil and cook for the same amount of time. The brie and cheese mixture in the middle does melt and spreads out to fill the whole bottom of the baker so if you are going to use tinfoil just be warned of that.
What are some of your favorite Brie bake recipes?
~tl 7 days